We all know that wine improves with age, but how are you dealing with the aging process? I’ve learned a few lessons over the years that I hope will be of use to you- These include:
- As a young boy, I grew up in a small farming community and when I waved to people I learned most would wave back.
- I learned, as difficult as it was to admit, I’m glad my parents were strict with me.
- I’ve learned that I miss my parents greatly after they died.
- I’ve learned that children and grandparents are great friends.
- I’ve learned that making a living isn’t as important as making a life.
- I’ve learned that life gives most of us a second chance.
- I’ve learned that by focusing your life on family, others, work, God and doing your best, happiness will find you.
- I’ve learned whenever I decided to do something with kindness, I made the right decision.
- I’ve learned even though I have pains, I don’t have to be one.
- I’ve learned that when you are down and discouraged, the best solution is to reach out and help another by giving them a smile, a hug or a pat on the back.
- Lastly, I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn.
The key to life is learning from our mistakes. We all make many mistakes in life’s journey. I love Tom Peters’ quote from his book, “Thriving on Chaos”, where he wrote, “When you fail, fail fast!” That’s key to our success- When we fail, then learn from it fast and don’t repeat it. Great advice for us all!