6 WAYS TO BRING OUT THE BEST IN PEOPLE
The legendary UCLA basketball coach John Wooden was a tremendous motivator and author as well as an amazing coach! He continued to be a father figure for decades to many of his basketball players. Coach Wooden once listed 6 ways to bring out the best in people.
- Keep courtesy and consideration for others foremost in your mind at home and away.
- Try to have fun without being funny.
- While you can’t control what happens to you, you can control how you react. Make good manners an automatic reaction.
- Seek individual opportunities to offer a genuine compliment.
- Remember that sincerity, optimism and enthusiasm are more welcome than sarcasm, pessimism and laziness.
- Laugh with others–never at them.
All of these “6 Ways” go hand-in-hand with our college’s CARES culture of Courtesy, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Success. As we follow the counsel of Coach Wooden we will model excellence, and no doubt, experience great success bringing out the best in others.