I’m constantly amazed at the level of understanding of things that I hear from my grand kids! With their access to computers, iPads and other technology, they astound me by how smart they are for their ages! They teach me things on my iPad all of the time.
I recently read of an elementary school teacher who had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child the first half of well-known proverbs and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverbs. It’s hard to believe these were actually done by first graders. Their responses may surprise you, as it did me! (Keep in mind, these are 6 year olds.)
- Strike while the…bug is close.
- It’s always darkest before….daylight savings.
- Never underestimate the power of…termites.
- Don’t bite the hand that….looks dirty.
- No news is….impossible.
- A miss is as good as a….Mr.
- If you lie down with dogs….you’ll stink in the morning.
- Love all, trust….me.
- Where there’s smoke, there’s….pollution.
- A penny saved is….not much.
- Don’t put off tomorrow what….you put on to go to bed.
- Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and….you have to blow your nose.
- There are none so blind as….Stevie Wonder.
- Children should be seen and not….spanked or grounded.
- When the blind lead the blind….get out of the way.
- If at first you don’t succeed….get new batteries.
- A bird in the hand….is going to poop on you.
The wisdom of children can bless our lives with not only clarity and simplicity, but with a great deal of humor, as well.
Gotta love the innocence and honesty of a child’s mind!