The definition of a resolution is: “The act of solving a problem or achieving a goal.”
So what are you resolving to do in 2016 to improve your life, your outlook, your health or your perspective? I came across 10 New Year’s Resolutions that I thought were good and wanted to share with you.
- Do something you love to do and do your best every single day.
- Do something just for you every single day.
- Strive to learn something new every single day.
- Make professional contacts and network.
- Practice professional courage by stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Listen more than you talk.
- Develop a method to track your life goals, daily engagements, and to-do lists.
- Read voraciously and continue to learn and grow.
- Start a new hobby or activity in 2016.
- Take yourself a little less seriously in 2016.
We are all “works in progress,” right? If I ever wonder about that, all I have to do is ask my wife and she is ready to confirm that to be true, we all need to improve and grow. The great automotive manufacturer Henry Ford said, “Whether you are 8 or 80, if you stop learning, you stop living.” We all need to learn and do new things each year so we can become the best we can be.