This time of year we are all focused on setting goals to achieve more success both personally and professionally.
Some years ago I came across an article that outlined success and I wanted to share it with you.
TEN SECRETS TO SUCCESS
- How you think is everything. Always be positive. Think success, not failure!
- Decide on your dreams and goals. Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them.
- Take action. Goals are nothing without action. Start today—Just Do It!
- Never stop learning. Go back to school, read books, get training and acquire skills.
- Be persistent and work hard. Success is a marathon not a sprint, so never give up!
- Learn to analyze details. Get all the facts, all the input and learn from your mistakes.
- Focus your time—don’t let other things or people distract you from your goals/dreams.
- Don’t be afraid to innovate or be different. Following the herd is a sane way to mediocrity.
- Deal and communicate with people effectively. No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.
- Be dependable and take responsibility, otherwise 1-9 won’t matter.
Over the next few weeks we will be spending time writing goals, action plans and striving for excellence and success. As we do, let’s all stay focused on our core values and culture and how our 2014 goals relate to assuring they align with our corporate foundation.
I thank you for all you do every day to focus on the success of our team, students and clients!